Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The day's food- just blue-tiful!



I found this ginormous container of blueberries at Trader Joe's for only $5.49. You probably can't tell just how big it is, but trust me.


For breakfast I ate a big container of fruit- I think tomorrow's fruit will be accompanied by some protein like all natural peanut butter or maybe some almond butter. I was hungry much too early after eating just the fruit, and I could feel my blood sugar spiking a bit...



The hot special in the cafeteria didn't seem too bad for a change- Baked Tilapia in a tomato and red wine caper sauce with a side of fire roasted vegetables and whipped potatoes. I decided to forgo the potatoes and asked for an extra helping of veggies instead.


I get hungry around 3pm, whether I eat a light lunch or a heavy one, so I always try to be prepared. I keep walnuts in my desk drawer and I had brought two clementines with me.



The clementines were just... ok. I could tell they are not in season- the skin was hard to peel off and there was some unripe green-ness. But the natural sugar kept me going and the walnuts' protein kept me full until dinner.

Speaking of dinner- Chris asked me to cook since he was painting. I asked him what he wanted- he answered fish- Tilapia to be exact. Well I guess I got my protein for the day haha.



We had the fish over some Amaranth. Delish!

Have a nice night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment