Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A melange of sorts



This one is from a while back. There is some Tilapia buried in there, under all that tomato-zucchini-yellow squash goodness.

Just sautee onion and garlic until golden in a tiny bit of olive oil, over medium heat. Add the crushed tomatoes, sliced zucchini and yellow squash (or whatever other vegetables of which you may dream). When it's all good and hot, lay the Tilapia in the mix, grind some fresh black pepper and maybe add some salt, if you think it needs salt. (Oftentimes, I don't use salt in my cooking and I don't even miss it. Trust me, neither will you.)

You'll know when the Tilapia is done, it will get completely white and will be more flaky in texture. Tilapia fillets are cut pretty thin, so they don't take long to cook. You could serve this over pasta of some sort, but I think we just ate it as you see it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment